View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siarit
In-Game Rank 0

re: [ON HOLD] Dentex - Balance Druid

Real life info:

E-Mail Address:
(Email address is optional and not required but is useful if we need to contact you and are unable to do so in game).

Character info:

Character Name:Dentex
Current realm:Dragonblight
Race:Night Elf
Class:Druid
Professions:Leatherworking (450) /Enchanting (430 respecced from skinning)
Total time played: 50days+
Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Dentex

Please note for Professions - list what your skill levels are (and if not maxed, why). We would also like to know about your secondary professions.

Past history:

Previous guild(s): Raid for pain - Flagelli di Dio - Epic Fail - Cavalieri dell'Alba
Reason(s) for leaving previous guild(s): Raid for pain disbanded. Flagelli di Dio left to join Epic Fail (reformed guild). Epic Fail disbanded. Cavalieri dell'Alba left because only italian guild, and very inactive since RL left server. (i have good exp on RLeading, but cant be guild RL because of my job and my private life)

Who can we ask if we want to know more about you: Warrioreltjo, Realdamon, Selvaggia, Animanera, Rageagainst, Floodmix, Nogardder, Tankzor, Noonoo and many others

Experience history:

Have you played other characters as your main in raids before, and if so, what class ?: Never
Other characters (alts): None, but i know other classes skills and how to use them in a raid.
What is your raid experience (include any beta experience): All raids up to Ulduar10 first 8 bosses down (as RL). did RL once in uld25 pug, killed Lev, Xt002 and razor till 5% health.
Got some WWS logs of relevant bosses?: No
Do you have reasonable gear for any other specs then your current one, if so, which?: Healing gear 2k spell power. Tank gear set incomplete
What is your Spell rotation?: Wrath-Starfire-Force of Nature on single target. Starfall-Hurricane on trash
Consumables - what food and flask/elixirs do you use, and why?: Flasks of the frost wyrm, firecracker salmon
What do you see as your main stats, and why?:Intellect and spirit. Int for more crit and mana, spirit for more spell power and mana regen (aoe is very mana expensive)
How do you see your gear evolve in the future?: Looking forward for a Waywand Vanquiser set (got legs already), but probably will leave set and focus on single gear.

BFG raids from Sunday till Thursday, from 21:00 till Midnight. If you happen to be in the raids, you are asked to stay till the end, over raids are very rare, but at least till 00:00 you need to make it.

Playtime: Evening. Sometimes afternoon for Voa and Os or nax full runs

Usual Playtimes: 20:30 - 00:30
Any usual events that impact on your playtime: Girlfriend
Any upcoming events that impact on your playtime: Girlfriend!! :D

Is there anyone in BFG who can vouch for you? Maybe Selvaggia and Mandricardo

Do you have issues with D/C due to internet/comp. problems?: Not at all
Do you have TS: yes
Do you have a microphone: yes

Last edited by Siarit on 2009/07/13 16:24; edited 1 time in total

Siarit
In-Game Rank 0

Waiting for Iridal to check this application, i'd say that i would see this spec fitting more our PvE full focus needs.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=5502203125331303013305301031000000000000000000000000000000205003012000000000000000000&glyph=101525060703&version=10048

Apart from some very specific situations, you'll be able to keep Innervate for yourself, that should grant you enough mana avoiding any waste of talent points in mana regen / less mana cost stuff.

Give feedback Happy

Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

I will spec today and try new talents. no doubt this more effective on single target.

Thanks

Dentex
Iridal the Chicken
In-Game Rank 9

Hi Dentex
just a couple of things I'd like to ask you:

first of all, can you please explain a little more about your rotation?

second, is it your correct pve gear or what? I mean, why isnt your hit rating capped?
the hit rating "soft cap" is 236 including draenei buff in party, shadow priest in raid etc etc... 263 is the cap without draenei (sometimes we just can't have a draenei in each party)... you have 145 and it's definitely not enough, please check what you can do about it.
Keep in mind that hit rating is the first stat increasing your dps ;)

the second one is spell power, and that's ok

then comes haste and the last one is crit...
I noticed u have more crit than haste atm, this is a minor issue tbh and it's something personal depending on your rotation and playing style (and luck!!) but keep in mind for the future u should prefer haste on crit... and btw having hit rating not capped and going for crit is not wise at all tbh ;)

nothing more to say about gear, it's naxx level but nothing else is wrong: the gems are correct, the idol is correct (I mean, depending on your rotation... we'll see)
you should work on neck and boots (EoE10 can provide both of them, but I know that pug eoe10 can be a pain in the ass so dont worry about it...)

regarding talents I'm discussing with marco about a couple of points (balance of power mainly) but if you cant reach hit rating cap with gear it's defenitely worth it...

check my build here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dragonblight&cn=Iridal&gn=Bound+For+Glory

of course I suggest you to take the same talents... this is the build used by almost all of the imbakin in the world (someone dont have gale winds, someone else have typhoon too etc etc...)

if u got any question pls answer me in game or here on forum, and pls let me know something about rotation and hit rating, this is very important imho.

good luck for your apply!
Lorenzo
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

Hi lorenzo,

thanks for your suggestions but what u see in armory i one of the sets of gear i use.

I have 266 hit rating in HIT set, lower crit and higher haste

That set is for "trash" and i use it also in heroic since have the highest spellpower.

I have totally 6 sets for gear: 2x Hit rating (more or less haste) 1x Haste 1x Crit 1x trash&heroic 1x healing.

i have like 5 necks, 6 rings, 5 belts and cant remember now.

I swap gear every combat trying to use the one that maximizes dps, as requested by the kind of event.

Just bought a new neck with 19 emblems of conquest.

The boots are my problem, cant find a better one with critical strike rating, Might buy a cloth one instead, i have plenty of emblems. Never won a loot in eoe, downed him twice.

My talents set has some probs i know, no improved insect swarm and no improved faerie fire. But this was my style ..

I felt the need to have decent aoe dmg for certain bosses, never lacking in single target dmg.

I dont know, there are many ways to set up a boomkin, i just respecced to Siarit suggestion to see what happens. i will find my correct "balance" Happy

See u in Dalaran

Dentex
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

Oh i forgot to explain about rotation:

with previous talents i had ehnanced dmg for treants, glyph of focus and starfall, and actually i was using starfall both on trash and bosses with 1 min cooldown.

It's instant cast and delivers reasonable dmg while u cast but most important thing while u Move around.

I had used soo many times that i dont aggro any add around since i know my range.

I normally start on bosses with treants, starfall (at max range), starfire max 2 times hoping in a fast eclipse then nuking with wrath, or switch to wrath till eclipse and nuke with starfire.

No insect swarm, no moonfire. i dont like to hit instant cast spell while having a wrath/starfire rotation. it messes up my rythm because it has like a dead time u cant cast other spells even if its instant. so u need to wait and wastes time.

This way i normally do 3.5/4k dps per boss fight.

I understand that your setup is the one used by most boomkins, but that doesnt mean is the one i like most ;)

I played 50+days in this char (dont have any alt) and i know how i wanna build him.

If this setup is a boost for me, ill keep it. otherwise i'll switch to my old one, definetely adding improved faerie fire instead of balance of power (since u tell me is useless with 263 hit rating, i got 266)

Dentex
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

I have been testing the new talents, and must admit i have found a good boost in single target dps.

Rotation is fun, trick is just to have FF on bosses always up, spam MF and IS then couple of wraths then Starfire and insect swarm again.

hit easily 3.5k dps unbuffed on some nax10 bosses, can improve much more i think.

with the addon i think i can do even better.

Thanks for suggesting this option, was helpful

Dentex
Iridal the Chicken
In-Game Rank 9

glad to hear that our ingame talk wasn't useless ;)

now, if u mind to improve more, just pick my build, install SquawkAndAwe(http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=11436&so=&page=7) and start practicing with the correct timing on the correct rotation:
FF, MF, IS, W till eclipse, SF during eclipse then MF, IS, SF during eclipse cooldown then W again as soon as the cooldown is over... repeat and profit ;)

this is for the lunar eclipse, ofc
if you prefer to go solar just invert W and SF but keep in mind you should have the wrath idol equipped in order to maximise dps.

treants should always be used right before the heroism, but you can pop them at the very beginning of the fight just if you are sure I'll be able to use them a second time before the boss dies.

starfall should always be used on lunar eclipse CD, after dot refresh, when you're spamming SF.
if you're going to solar then just use it every time you can, trying to pop it in the better situation (adds around, buffs up etc)

I know this is a pretty different way of playing your toon but, trust me, this is the best and only way if u want to be a raiding moonkin ;)
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

Hi,

this is my new gear set for Ulduar:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Dentex

Since i still dont have %crit bonus from Nightsong set, should be ok.

When i get that i'll raise haste.

Let me know what u think about it

Dentex
Iridal the Chicken
In-Game Rank 9

that's pretty good ;)
the stats are well balanced and the only hint I can give you is to replace the windripper boots with the [Slippers of the Holy Light] if you got the emblems.
don't be afraid about wearing cloth gear if it's an upgrade... we honestly don't give a fuck about the armor, so... if stats are better, go cloth!

in my opinion you should always wear that gear except when:
1) you have a draenei in party (usual condition, so be prepared)
switch belt or ring to lower hit rating to 236
2) unusual strategy bosses (ex. General Vaezax, get no haste and maximize crit rating)

of course you can do what you want about switching gear on trash and stuff but honestly, as you have seen yesterday night, it's definitely not worth it ;)
Iridal the Chicken
In-Game Rank 9

ok... nvm... I didnt see your talents...
you have to pick Balance of power in order to be hit capped @ 236/263.
if you do not have 2 points in that talent you have to get a lot more hit rating from the gear (50 more at least) and that's a pain in the ass.

Genesis is useless: you get a 5% more damage on dots and usually dots are nothing more than a 20% of the total damage, so you are wasting 5 (4 in your case) points for a 1% (less in your case) dps increase.
take those 4 points and put them in balance of power and something else, that should be:
moonglow or dreamstate, if u got mana issues yesterday night
gale winds if u didnt
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

Respecced again.. now with Balance of power. I think i missed that last time:P

I had an ingame talk with siarit regarding the fact that i want to improve my rotations b4 joining your 25man full raid trial.

Dont want to be 14th in dps like last run ;)

I'm going on vacation the 19th of this month, 2 weeks out with no laptop.
I will practice on rotations on dummies/raids to improve my dps and i will get back to you in august/september if u still need a boomkin in your guild.

Trial run was fun , feel free to invite me if u are low on dps number in uld25, but i will not be helpful in 2nd run since i never did the last 4 bosses.

arrivederci!

Dentex
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

re: New items, new talents , new rotation

Hey guys,

thanks for inviting me to trial, that was fun!

And most of all, thanks for accepting my application!

Just wanna tell u that im going to change something in talents and rotations

First of all i will get rid of 2 Gale Winds TP, and move them to Owlkyn frenzy, since now it gives also mana regen besides +10% dmg for the 12 secs.

Second, i got rid of the shooting star , and i bought the new idol of lunar fury with 25 emblems of triumph.

Since it gives +200 (about +5%) crit while MF dot is on, rotation will change to IS FF MF and STARFALL till eclipse (IS has more crit chance on starfire, so it should proc faster than wrath)

LAst night i noticed that, with the old rotation, lunar eclipse took quite a bit to proc at the beginning of the fight, even with almost 30% crit.So ill try go solar first

I am pretty sure this will give me some improvement in dps.

Bye bye

Dentex
Dentex
In-Game Rank 9

re: Wanted to say sorry to all of u

Hey guys what's up.

You know i left the guild cause eveyone was blaming me and bla bla bla.

Well, i want to say sorry to all of you because you were jusr RIGHT.

I AM A RETARD

Just because i NEVER used the /console maxcameradistancefactor command.

I thought it was equivalent to the zoomout option in video settings , but IT IS NOT

I was looking at the game always from a short distance camera, and this made me slack on most of hard modes like Thorim, Mimiron and Vezax normal fight (i noticed shadow crashes only when they were on top of me)

Ofc i did also a lot of mistakes not related to this issue, but at least i know i could have done better.

Sorry marco for all your words spent, sorry jarra and sorry everyone for wasting your spare time.

Just wanted to share that

GL

Dentex

PS this is not intended as a recruitment post
Aymerich
In-Game Rank 9

i'm gahan:
i miss u 'cause now only me (sometimes nefela too) like retard :P

p.s. and kali, ruro, steiner bla bla bla
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bound For Glory Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: